Ir al contenido principal

Body Positive

Hi everyone! Welcome to the last blog of the year, I can't believe how quickly the semester went by, we are already a few weeks away from Christmas and New Years, in addition to the precious holidays. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great week.

Today's topic is a free choice, how exciting, however I must confess that it took me a long time to choose a topic, there are so many topics, contingencies and problems today, that it is difficult to think of just one, but here we go, today I will talk about the body positive movement.

Since we are born and as we grow, a very common problem is the comparison we make of our bodies with that of others, with that of celebrities, models, artists, etc., analyzing parts of our body that do not fit, are not under the socially cute they are either very big or very small. All one's life one has grown up with basic standards of beauty, such as 90-60-90 in women, abs in men, skin without pimples or imperfections, etc., thus generating insecurity and anxiety in people about their bodies, reaching the point of hiding, retouching, modifying and trying to "fix" everything that does not fit with what is supposed to be cute. Unfortunately, self-esteem problems are more common than one would like, according to the World Health Organization 1 in 4 people have low self-esteem problems, and they perceive themselves as people without beauty. Sadly, phenomena such as social networks are direct means of hatred and attack towards people with attributes not classified as cute, and more and more people choose to use photoshop, retouching and filters, in order to hide their true bodies, and thus receiving the approval of the people, which from my point of view, is absolutely wrong.

However, not everything is so bad, and fortunately, nowadays various movements have emerged to support and spread the diversity of existing bodies, strongly affirming that they are all beautiful, no matter what they are. The body positive is a worldwide movement that refers to claiming bodies as they are, real, in addition to providing trust and love to our bodies, learning to accept and love our "defects".

Body positive is not only about overweight people or XL size models as is often thought, it is a trend that includes all sizes, shapes, and details of the bodies, such as acne, stretch marks, hairs, and all those characteristics that make up your identity. These movements are the result of the consciousness that the population has begun to develop, where we are all people, with different feelings and bodies, where we all have beauty and characteristics that make us different from each other, but not for that. they must be regarded as ugly. Likewise, these movements are the key tool to combat the strong stereotypes of beauty to which people are subjected.A better relationship with oneself leads to better mental health, and with that a better quality of life, after all, our body is all we have at the end of the day, and we have to take care of it, love it and accept it.

Well, that's all for today, I hope you liked this blog, and that you have been able to reflect a little on this body positive movement, remember that we are all different, but that only makes us better <3 Also, you have to have Always present that we should not make opinions of bodies that are not ours, especially in seasons like summer, we do not know the struggle that each day has to accept and love itself. Thank you so much for everything! I hope you have an excellent end of the semester, and a well deserved vacation.





Comentarios

  1. Hi Mon! This topic seems very interesting to address and to be able to treat it, I think that we have all looked at ourselves badly for our body or compared to the rest and we feel ugly or "abnormal". We must move towards a positive body culture as you say...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Monserrat!
    This is a very interesting topic, I feel that it is a topic that should be discussed especially with the little ones, so that they learn from a young age that we are all different and that it is not necessary to follow beauty standards.

    Regards!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Mon, what a great topic you chose, it is extremely necessary to become aware of this movement, as you say and I agree, we are all people with different feelings and bodies, and we have to learn to value that, and not give opinions about other people's bodies, because it does not correspond.
    Regards!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. hi mon, how are you ?, your topic is super special and necessary especially for our generation that is so superficial. I'm excited that you talk about this, greetings!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello mon, the topic you chose is super important and I am also very interested, I think it is something that should be talked about more. Thanks for talking about this topic, have a good week <3

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi! The truth is that this topic is too interesting and important for today in the middle of 2021, since we have to love ourselves and our bodies. For many years I lived self-conscious about my body and what others said about it, until I understood that the only opinion that matters is my own. Greetings!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hello Mon, I think it is absurd to criticize a person for their physique, I fully support the movement that you named. Greetings <3!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

People Management

Hi everyone! Welcome to a new weekly blog, I hope everyone had a good week off, and with all the encouragement in these 3 weeks that we have left to finish the semester. Today I will talk about what I would like to study to continue Public Administration. Public administration is a career that involves many different areas, from economics to psychology, therefore there are several specializations. Although I am just in my second year, it has always been an option to continue studying, since unfortunately today a lot of study is needed to qualify for better jobs. According to the different subjects that I have studied, the area that has caught my attention the most is people management, human resources and organizational design. Personally, I consider that many of the problems that public institutions have are due to the fact that their workers are not satisfied with their jobs, and they do not have a motivation to perform more efficiently and above all happy in their positions, so Spec...

WHERE WE ARE TOUR - ONE DIRECTION 2014

Hi everyone! Here I am again with the second blog of the semester, today I will talk about my favorite concert :) Throughout my life, I haven't been a fan of many bands or artists, I listen to their music but I don't always develop a level of fanaticism to go to their concerts, however, there is a band that made a difference. As of 2010, which was when it emerged, One Direction began to like me for his music, and because the members were funny, young and of course, very handsome hahahaha. Since that time, I have been developing my fanaticism, listening to all his songs, watching his videos, buying his merchandise, etc. After 4 years, the band announced a world tour that would pass through Chile on May 1, 2014, I remember going into despair, because I was a girl of only 12 years old, I had no money and my parents did not enjoy a good economic situation, however, we made a effort, and I got my ticket to attend the concert, along with my cousin also a fan. On May 1, 2014 it was ra...

The blessings

Hello everyone, I hope you're all very well, this is the fourth blog of the semester, and today it is time to talk about a topic that I really like: Pets and Animals! Since I was little, I have always had pets in my house, specifically, dogs and cats. When I was born, there was a dog named Terry in my house, and he lived until I was 16 years old! When I was 3 years old, with my family we picked up a kitten from the street that was in very bad condition, and we named it “Colo”, we healed it, we cared for it and we loved it a lot, and it was my first pet. With the "Colo" we were inseparable, we slept together, he accompanied me to sunbathe on the patio, and he loved being cared for, unfortunately he fell ill with cancer, and after 16 years, he also died. After the losses of Terry and Colo, I also lost a kitten named Matias, and another puppy named Santiago :( Currently, in my home we have 3 cats and 2 dogs, all have been adopted or taken from the street. My cat Simón, and t...